Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Can't enter key program mode

Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trackerrrr
Had it cut locally and went thru the programming steps and it worked. My steps were a bit different too.

1. Put first key and turn to ON for 5 sec. Take key out
2. Put second key in and turn to ON. Wait a few seconds. Alarm LED began to flash and then went out. No chime heard. Pull out key.
3. Put in new spare and turn to on. Waited about 10 seconds, no LED or chime. Tried to start Jeep and it fired right up.

Seems like each year is slightly different.
Mine worked exactly the same as this.....

Grant
Old 04-04-2010, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bob_O's Jeep
I bought a key (no fob) from EBay from seller, Chapstick4. i tried a few times and it wouldn't program. I was reading this thread and I seen Trackerrrr had bought one from the same guy and it was able to be programmed. So I tried what Trackerrrr did and the thing works now. Thanks Trackerrr! The only thing I think I did different was try to start it without turning the key back to off first.
You're welcome, always happy to help a fellow Jeeper out.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Just an update, the new key I just got from ebay, which looks just like the old one, programmed fine the very first time using the above recommended procedure (lights and beeps did not occur exactly like the manual said they would). Must have just been a bad key. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: Can't enter key program mode