Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Canoe on soft top?

Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreytSilly
I have a set of these but I haven't tried them on a soft top. They should work okay if you position them where there is some support under the canvas top. I used them a lot on our S-10 pickup, works like a charm.

Just copy and paste this in your address bar and add the w's at the front.

toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2599831&siteID=q5QZHUbCIj8-SEOxolfydiK.NDoombcTQg
Thanks for the link! I saw those on other sites but they were asking for double for what Toys R Us sells them for. Kinda weird to be buying canoe accessories from Toys R Us, but whatever, it's cheaper!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sell the canoe foam at Dick's Sporting goods.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a trailer hitch you could get a truck bed extender. Insert the bed extender where its pointing up. Then the canoe would rest on the windshield header in the front and the bed extender in the back. You could always add a low profile windshield light bar if you didnt like the canoe resting on the windshield frame.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a couple steel bars from Home Depot. Sprayed them with pastic coating and mount them through the holes where the door frames mount. It works like a charm. I've driven 40+ miles like this without a problem.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just put the roof down and then strap my kayak down with simple $5 tie downs and put a towel or something on the windshield and then the go jsut like some of the others have said. I dont know if anyone has put it on the softtop and tied it down like that with out putting the roof down, i doubt that would be a good idea

Quick Reply: Canoe on soft top?