Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Can someone tell me what this is called?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer

Well it isn't made just 6 hardtop bolts...It has Holes for the Door Hinge bottom Bolts.... and made to pull out and carry your tools etc with hand handles...So no Reason for it to be part of the Hardtop, esp since largest percentage of jeep owners don't have a Hardtop
Oh I was under the impression that you needed the actual hardware for the hard top not the tray if self but glade you got the part number for it. Sry bout that
Old 05-09-2013, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mook8651
Oh I was under the impression that you needed the actual hardware for the hard top not the tray if self but glade you got the part number for it. Sry bout that
The Tray doesn't even have a place for the Targa Top Mounting Knobs, and those are harder to store in the jeep without getting in the way or rolling around somewhere...lol...
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mook8651
I think you are a Little Lost here...lol...We aren't talking about the Hardware for Hardtop itself...Talking about the Cargo Tray for the Cubby in Rear...It has a spot for the Bolts, Door Hinge Bolts etc...
Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does this fit on a 2008 JKU?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brh5073
My friend has a '11 jku and he has this trunk storage for all his hard/soft top parts and i really want one to put in my '09 2dr. I cant find it online anywhere
I bought a 2010 Rubicon with dual tops and that didn't come with . I think it's for 2011 or newer jeeps with the different rear cargo area.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both my 2011 and 2012 came with it. One soft top, one hard. I hate that tray. I don't recomend getting it. I cut most of mine out to fit a bigger tool bag near the jack. Don't trust the tray to hold anything you aren't willing to pay to replace later. Every bolt etc but 1 that I have put in there, I've never been able to find again anywhere in my Jeep.

What I did to mine after replacing everything it lost.

Edited for grammar
Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Prelud3
Both my 2011 and 2012 came with it. One soft top, one hard. I hate that tray. I don't recomend getting it. I cut most of mine out to fit a bigger tool bag near the jack. Don't trust the tray to hold anything you aren't willing to pay to replace later. Every bolt etc but 1 that I have put in there, I've never been able to find again anywhere in my Jeep.

What I did to mine after replacing everything it lost.

Edited for grammar
Yeah I'm thinking the redesign of the rear cargo area in the 2011 and newer it might not work with prior years.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered one for my 2010 JKU. Had to trim some carpet and a little off the bottom of the tray where it fits over the stock jack location. I like mine
and it fits pretty good. Not perfect, but I don't regret getting it. Keeps oily stuff from dripping into the pan under it.

JeepJeremy - Lincoln, NE
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
I ordered one for my 2010 JKU. Had to trim some carpet and a little off the bottom of the tray where it fits over the stock jack location. I like mine
and it fits pretty good. Not perfect, but I don't regret getting it. Keeps oily stuff from dripping into the pan under it.

JeepJeremy - Lincoln, NE
Good to know. I currently use mine for basic storage and soon will be cut out for the rear stretch kit. I will pass on the info to some of my friends though that have older JK's
Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012
Yeah I'm thinking the redesign of the rear cargo area in the 2011 and newer it might not work with prior years.
There was no Redesign in the cargo area. Only changes made in the Wrangler are Trim Pieces...There has been no Structual Changes. The carpet is in the cubby in 2007-2010 models. If this Tray was included in 2011-up models, then the Carpet was Omitted for Fit of Tray. Again no Redesign...

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me what this is called?