Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cab Cover

Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab Cover

I'm looking for a cover to throw on at night when going doorless. I don't have a garage and running doors in and out of my storage building gets a little old.
I'm thinking either the bestop allweather trail cover or the full monty by VDP.
I'd rather have a cover that I can throw on with the soft top up if possible.
I've found reviews of the besttop but nothing on the full monty.
Does anyone use the full monty cover or another of the like that covers all 4 doors?
Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Have been using my bestop cover for the summer. Covers the whole cab area from rear gate to front windshield and dips to cover the door openings. Uses hooks to clip under the jeeps body to keep it tight. Works great and is easy to put on. Only issue I have is the front strap is located right were the stock running boards are mounted to the frame. Not a big issue but makes the fit not perfect. Never had any issue with water entering during rain. Is a bit bulky when removed.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Bestop Trail Cover. I've even fit it with the softtop on and no doors, and with the safari top and Duster ...

I added the small ropes you see to secure it to my rock rails because the clips that fit under the pinch seam were a bit of a pain with the rock rail on there.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys.
I really like the bestop and hear good things about them but don't know about getting that cover for a jeep that always has the soft top installed......the top is down quite a bit but its always on the jeep. I know it can be made if to fit pretty tight but I just don't know about spending the money and never using it as it's designed.

Quick Reply: Cab Cover