Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

C2200 Abs module verification

Old 02-26-2023, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C2200 Abs module verification

I am getting brake error code C2200 using JSCAN. The ABS stability and brake light stays ON but have not had any drivability or normal braking issues that I can notice. I've been checking things like brake level, caliper sticking, etc, but everything seems to be good. I cleaned the connection with electrical contact spray. I also verified that all wheel speed sensors are working and reading the same. From what I can tell C2200 means internal fault of the module like the code says. I tried energizing the abs valves through JSCAN but it does not do anything (screen stays frozen like it can't accept). After more research I was able to verify ESP torque request "SET' with engine running, so this seems to confirm that it is getting the signal from PCM. Is there any other way to confirm it is truly a bad ABS module before I start looking for a replacement?

Last edited by KClight01; 02-26-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Well it seems C2200 is accurate for bad abs module. I installed a new module with some effort and delay and initialized it using Jscan, and everything worked fine.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

One of the best things about this forum is members like you who post a problem (especially electrical anything) do your own troubleshooting, verify problem and take action. We all learn from it. I have not seen this code pop up before and am always interested when codes come up and what you have to go thru to solve the issue. That Jscan sure is a handy tool. Good work KC happy Jeepin
Old 03-04-2023, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Excellent, curious if there is any change with the infamous tip-start cranking issue. Nice to hear that JScan came in handy!
Old 03-04-2023, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, it's been starting up good so far. I agree on JScan, very handy tool for sure, thank you for recommending it. I am glad I was able to confirm the fix and share with everyone.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I'm currently having this issues myself.
Just wanted to clarify that if I install a new module that jscan app can calibrate it so it does not have to be taken to dealer?
thanks for your time
Old 05-21-2024, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KClight01
Well it seems C2200 is accurate for bad abs module. I installed a new module with some effort and delay and initialized it using Jscan, and everything worked fine.
Double checking:

Did your install clear the code for good, or was it just temporary?

Like the OP, I’m having to same issues. No braking issues that I notice, just these darned lights that won’t clear no matter what I do. Not J Scan, but BlueDriver. Looks to be the same. So if I replace the module these lights should go away?
Old 05-21-2024, 10:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I've had the ABS light come on, with all the associated lights, twice.
Each time, the code that came on (C2200) had one fix in the book: replace the module due to internal failure.

Before I spent the money on a new module, I thought I'd clean the harness connectors with DeOxit, and clean the ground point.
That fixed it for a few years.
The next time it came on, the previous steps didn't work. So, I did something different.
I noticed when I cleared the code, it would stay off until I drove the Jeep more than a few mph, then it would come back.
A search for my symptoms revealed what I thought would be a "too good to be true" simple fix.
Here's what worked:
Get the Jeep to an isolated road or parking lot.
Have one rear wheel on pavement, and the other rear wheel on dirt.
Clear the ABS code.
Punch the throttle so the wheel on the dirt spins to the point of traction control activation, before the Jeep hits a few mph. This will "reset" something in the ABS module before the code can reappear.
It worked for a lot of people in my search results, and it worked for me.
The ABS code and associated lights have not come back on since. That was a year or so ago.

Give this a try before spending any money.
The following 3 users liked this post by ronjenx:
Mr.T (05-22-2024), OliveOyl (05-22-2024), resharp001 (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I've had the ABS light come on, with all the associated lights, twice.
Each time, the code that came on (C2200) had one fix in the book: replace the module due to internal failure.

Before I spent the money on a new module, I thought I'd clean the harness connectors with DeOxit, and clean the ground point.
That fixed it for a few years.
The next time it came on, the previous steps didn't work. So, I did something different.
I noticed when I cleared the code, it would stay off until I drove the Jeep more than a few mph, then it would come back.
A search for my symptoms revealed what I thought would be a "too good to be true" simple fix.
Here's what worked:
Get the Jeep to an isolated road or parking lot.
Have one rear wheel on pavement, and the other rear wheel on dirt.
Clear the ABS code.
Punch the throttle so the wheel on the dirt spins to the point of traction control activation, before the Jeep hits a few mph. This will "reset" something in the ABS module before the code can reappear.
It worked for a lot of people in my search results, and it worked for me.
The ABS code and associated lights have not come back on since. That was a year or so ago.

Give this a try before spending any money.
That works! Worst part was waiting for the scanner to scan. Thank you so much!
Old 06-15-2024, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OliveOyl
That works! Worst part was waiting for the scanner to scan. Thank you so much!
why not just raise a tire off the ground if you don’t have posi trak.

Quick Reply: C2200 Abs module verification