Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

A/C wont engage 2010 JK

Old 09-11-2022, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

You need the correct pressure in the system and the evaporator temperature sender functioning. Then all should be well. If the light comes on when you press the on/off switch and fan is on then the system is asking for cold air.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Youtube has some great and simple troubleshooting videos for a/c's. It does not need to be a JK or wrangler specific video as all these a/c systems are the same. Basic troubleshooting would include confirming the compressor clutch is operating correctly and then confirming high and low pressures while the system is operating. You can "borrow" a/c manifolds from local auto stores.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"System is asking for cold air" Does that mean it's completing the circuit for the AC clutch?
Old 01-21-2023, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

That would be a reasonable assumption. Start at the AC clutch and test for power. I use the meter probes with a sharp point on them and literally dig through the insulation to get the test. My probes cost $30 for the pair so they are really thin and sharp and leave almost no hole afterward. But you could unplug the clutch and test there. Be careful not to short out the two pins in there though.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My A/C

My ac went out I charge it one day get empty
the notice here one fill the feron I can here hissing coming from the evpoartor core
Do you think could be evaportor I'd yes clean installation to do replace as I have seen must of JKs member on YouTube mad shortcut be cutting the frame an evaporor
Please instarcution with right way to do it

Quick Reply: A/C wont engage 2010 JK