Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

A/C Vent not working (w/ picture)

Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Vent not working (w/ picture)

I've posted before about my vents not working, but I seem to have found the issue. (Sorry for the bad quality cell phone picture) - I took my Air Control piece off and found out that the plastic shroud that surrounds this plastic gear that controls where the air is dispersed isn't on right. (Which is probably my fault from when I pulled the headunit out in the first place.

My problem is I can't figure out how to put this damn thing back on the gear so everything works properly.

If anyone has any help at all I'd really appreciate it.

Michael

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem with my 2010 when i put in my heated seats.it looks like the cable needs to be put back on the plastic housing that lets you rotate(adjust) your temp fan speed.i had to do this several times since it kept popping off.btw im in morris county nj too.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uafan
I've posted before about my vents not working, but I seem to have found the issue. (Sorry for the bad quality cell phone picture) - I took my Air Control piece off and found out that the plastic shroud that surrounds this plastic gear that controls where the air is dispersed isn't on right. (Which is probably my fault from when I pulled the headunit out in the first place.

My problem is I can't figure out how to put this damn thing back on the gear so everything works properly.

If anyone has any help at all I'd really appreciate it.

Michael

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
There is another plastic piece missing. See if it fell in there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: A/C Vent not working (w/ picture)