Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Burned something today, probably clutch?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burned something today, probably clutch?

I was backing my 16 ft boat into the back yard with the 4x4h on and something started to smoke and burn real bad from under the engine/hood. Real bad, im not sure if it was the clutch or the 4x4 but I was only moving back and forth to get the boat in the back yard. It ran fine after but it still smelled really burned. It's a 2010 4x4 unlimited 6 speed. It's at the dealer now waiting to be diagnosed. Anyone else have this happen to them. The back yard does have a slight incline and the boat/trailer weighs about 1200 lbs. I only have 1700 miles on it.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably your clutch, 4 low might have saved your clutch.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
Probably your clutch, 4 low might have saved your clutch.
x2

With such low mileage you actually do stand a chance on getting the warranty to cover it. Do not say anything about the boat! 'leaving a light, grabbed second, engine revved...smoke, etc'

Quick Reply: Burned something today, probably clutch?