Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

bumper/fender gap?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bumper/fender gap?

What's with the gap between the front bumper and the fenders? Maybe it is an off-road thing but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? It drives me nuts ... Every bit of wheel guanno lands on the bumper. I have gravel marks from loose wheel spinning stones from the treads.

Don't mistake my rant.. I have many scrapes and dents but each of them comes with a great story. The surface of my bumpers looks like a pimply teenager with in-ground dirt.

I am thinking of getting a REAL front bumper (oh the choices ) but until I get enough cash together I have to deal with this plastic eye sore.

Does this gap serve a purpose? (off-roaders chime in) or was the intention just to drive ME nuts?

thank--you I should be able to stop right about now.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Im with you on the gap. The only bumpers that fill the gap are the AEV and ARB.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Hmm...personally, I can't stand those bumpers that fill the gap between the flare and bumper. I think they look hideous.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Wait till you see the Euro or Arabian type Jeep bumpers, you'll be fried! LOL
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Hmm...personally, I can't stand those bumpers that fill the gap between the flare and bumper. I think they look hideous.
Hey, thanks for letting us know. Great info.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by round eyes
What's with the gap between the front bumper and the fenders? Maybe it is an off-road thing but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? It drives me nuts ... Every bit of wheel guanno lands on the bumper. I have gravel marks from loose wheel spinning stones from the treads.

Don't mistake my rant.. I have many scrapes and dents but each of them comes with a great story. The surface of my bumpers looks like a pimply teenager with in-ground dirt.

I am thinking of getting a REAL front bumper (oh the choices ) but until I get enough cash together I have to deal with this plastic eye sore.

Does this gap serve a purpose? (off-roaders chime in) or was the intention just to drive ME nuts?

thank--you I should be able to stop right about now.

From the very first jeep, it has always been that way. It's a Jeep thing.....
Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Hey, thanks for letting us know. Great info.
Hey, whatever I can do to help.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Talking crash

If I hit something, I don't wanna have to replace my bumper AND my front flares because the bumper dug into them or ripped them off. I have a good three to fourish inches between the two.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

I modified a $5 set of mudflaps by fabricating a piece to cover that area. You would never know it wasn't factory and it took 15 minutes. I'll post some pics tonight.
    Old 12-18-2007, 05:57 AM
    JK Enthusiast

Why not get some of that spray in bed liner stuff and put it on your bumper. Not sure the pre paint prep work needed for plastic, but I'm sure it's doable. Somebody on here said they had done it, and was going to do there fenders too.

Quick Reply: bumper/fender gap?