Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bump stop to axle measurement

Old 05-29-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump stop to axle measurement

I was hoping someone could give me a measurment from the bump stop to the axle. Mine is an X with the 17" option and heavy duty rear. Mine has been sagging for a while now and the dealer said it is normal to settle like that. It touches the axle when you sit on the bumper and measures 7/8" distance between the two. I took to another dealer that told me my shocks and springs were junk and ordered just hoping the backordered shocks come in before I leave for a 1700 one way trip to texas on wed. It also keeps chopping my tires I need to rotate every 500 mi so the fronts dont chop to bad.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There have been several other posts recently about springs going bad. Check the for sale/freebies sections. Lots of people getting rid of theirs after adding a lift. It's an option if you don't want to wait for the back order, and assuming you want to put them in yourself?

Quick Reply: Bump stop to axle measurement