Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bugs on Windshield

Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use a kitchen sponge with the two sides and glass cleaner to get them off. i also found a prestone bug washer additive that works VERY well. found it a wallmart. the sponge trick works amazing though.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There aren't too many flying bugs in the desert around here, but when I lived in the Bayou a neighbor who cleaned windows in office buildings gave some of the commercial cleaner he used at work and as long as I cleaned my windows at least every couple of days in the summer, the bugs would wash off pretty easily.

It seemed lo leave some sort of coating that avoided bugs from sticking to the windshield. I always kept the hood and grill waxed which also made washing bugs off a lot easier.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbhockey19
So I have owned my 09 JK Unlimted for about a month and a Half have about 2400 Miles on it..Has anyone have a problems with a ton of Bugs Getting Splattered on the Windshield? I feel like I can barely see out the front Windshield. Anyone have any Techniques to prevent this or to remove them?

I just slow down and drive around the bugs.. The few I hit arn't splatteres to bad and can be scrapped off...
Interesting about the cryer sheets...
Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Our state bird here in NC is the mosquito so yeah i have had the same issues with the dirty front glass. I have found that rain-x and bugs and the wipers makes for a white streaky mess its got to be b/c of the rain-x. In result i have stopped using it.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

While on a road trip, my son uses baby wipes to remove bugs at road stops. The edge of an old credit card scrapes off stubborn bug bumps.

Quick Reply: Bugs on Windshield