Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bug guards! Worth it?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say they work great. I had my JK for about two weeks before I purchased one. The amount of bugs on the windshield were reduced about half, IMO
Auto Vent Shade from Auto Zone. $55 I think.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Jeep bugshield and it works pretty good.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
Well if you put yours on before delivery you don't really know if it helps with the hood lift issue, right? Not all JKs have hood lift issues.
Actually, if you REREAD my post I said " I think it may be..." never once claiming I knew it was helping for sure. I actually made sure the OP knew I couldn't offer a before and after opinion on the product he was asking about. Just that I like mine.

Since I have an 09' that hasn't had the recall I would assume I have the updated latches but if it is adding any downward airforce on my hood I'll take it.

If you don't like them don't put one on your jeep. As stated I like mine.

What they have to do with Hummers I don't know either?!?!

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 01-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Actually, if you REREAD my post I said " I think it may be..." never once claiming I knew it was helping for sure. I actually made sure the OP knew I couldn't offer a before and after opinion on the product he was asking about. Just that I like mine.
Yeah, you said "I think it may be helping". I read it clearly. The word "helping" indicates you had a problem that needed to be helped whereas you had no indication that you even had a hood lifting problem. So don't get pissy with me (assumed because the of the capitalized word) because I challenged what you said.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info on the bug guards. It seems that for the most part not really worth the money. Maybe I will spend it elsewere like some vent visors or my new rock knob I've been eying up and just stick to the squegee no sense in spending $50 to cut down on the bugs but still have the clean the windshild anyway.

Quick Reply: Bug guards! Worth it?