Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Broken shifter plastic console

Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken shifter plastic console

Lastnight I noticed my shift boot came out of the surrounding plastic rim on my console. I tried to put it back under what I thought where rivets.. Turns out they are all broken, I lifted it slightly and they all broke, what a hunk of junk...i'm taking it back to the dealer, they should cover that under warranty shouldn't they? Anyone else had this problem?

matt
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

You should go ahead and get this billet alluminum shift bezle. Better than our crappy plastic ones! http://www.quadratec.com/products/52110_900.htm
Old 05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey - that aluminum shifter bezel looks sweet...that missed my radar.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

I had that exact same problem, when I brought it to my dealer they told me I would have to pay for it because it looked like it had been FORCED, I have never even tried to remove that thing! After much heated argument they gave in and covered it under warranty. The quality issues I have with my JK are dissapointing. BUT I still love it.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Brought my JK to the dealer today, he ordered a new part and told me to bring it in tommorow no questions asked... he said its covered

I am thinking of getting the aluminum one later down the road though...

Quick Reply: Broken shifter plastic console