Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Broken e-brake

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken e-brake

So, I get to work tonight, I pull my brake up and "pop" I thought I was going to rip the handle out of the console. I have a 6spd so I kind of need it though it isn't necessary. I was curious if this has happened to anyone and if there will be any added stress on my gears when i park? I live on a hill so it's necessary. Though I always use brake and gear when i'm parked regardless. It just doesn't end with this jeep... I'm afraid to do any mod at all
Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Others have had the same thing.
You broke a cable, or the clutch arm in the handle.
Either way, you need a new lever assembly; about $50 from the dealer, (unless you still have the warranty).

Go here to see how it works, and what usually breaks:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ke-Lever-Study
Old 12-20-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, it sounded like the cable went...i purposely bought the lifetime warranty for things like that... i learned my lesson from the 07 i had..thanks
Old 12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

cable popped on mine also, still under warrenty though and the dealer came through

Quick Reply: Broken e-brake