Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Broke my top!!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke my top!!

I was lifting my hardtop off my jku. I was using some heavy rope. When I engaged my lift the rope tore the fiberglass in the corners where the back doors. The tear is about 2.5"into the top. How do I fix it. Is there some sort of a fiberglass repair kit or what.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ur local hardware store along with parts shop should carry fiberglass repair kits, I usually buy marine resin smooth the area and then apply the resin in coats sanding between coats (I'm no professional body guy, I just did my own work on my carbon fiber race body work for my old bike when I'd crash it) want perfect but u don't see it at 60mph lol

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 04-20-2014, 11:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

It is made of a special type of Fiberglas called SMC. Look for an SMC repair kit. Regular Fiberglas kits may not be compatible.

Fiberglass and Composite Repair | Fibre Glast
Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info I'll check them out right after I quit kikking my self in the behind.

Quick Reply: Broke my top!!