Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I wonder if D1 is before or after D?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a sticky at the top of the "JK Talk" page that breaks down all the order codes, and peoples ordering experiences. 800-992-1997 Have your vin ready when you get through the promps and get to talk to a real person.

D1 is after D
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Sam Turner

see what it says for mine i'm not sure how you're seeing what you're seeing!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

pm sent
Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Cheers man! Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
It doesn't matter what color JK you have. The books are not going to care and more than likely neither will the dealer. Any buyer or dealer will be able to tell the Jeep has been wheeled no matter what the color upon a good visual inspection.
So to make sure I am understanding this correctly, you are saying because a Jeep is white and it is harder to see pinstripes because you have wheeled it that it is going to give it a trade/resell advantage over non white JK's? lol
Originally Posted by Noxian
i wouldn't buy a Jk if the paint looked like it hasn't been taken care of, so any color that shows less scratches in more valuable in my books.

Also if you are selling privately a neutral color may be easier to sell, the value may not be more but you may be able to sell it quicker.
Its a lot easier to fix white and yes buyers/dealers care what condition the paint is in, don't fool yourself man. Take your rig to be appraised with scratched paint and tell me otherwise haha.

I will agree with the statement though that neutral colors will probably sell better .
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke
Its a lot easier to fix white and yes buyers/dealers care what condition the paint is in, don't fool yourself man. Take your rig to be appraised with scratched paint and tell me otherwise haha.

I will agree with the statement though that neutral colors will probably sell better .
I think you misunderstood what I meant.
From an appraisal standpoint the dealer/buyer is not going to care whether the Jeep is white, red, black, silver, etc. I was simply stating If it is brush whipped, scratched, and dented it's not going to matter what color it is when it comes to the buying/trading process. White is not going to give it more value than any of the other colors with the same damages.. Most likely if you take it to a dealer with damage they have no interest in doing paint or body work and know from the get go it is a wholesale auction piece. Even a private buyer in today's market isn't going to pay more for a white JK than a black JK with the same damage. I don't see how that is a relevant point?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bright silver for me
Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get myself back on topic and answer the question we have both colors. Wife's Arctic Edition Liberty in Winter Chill and my COD Edition in Silver. I like them both. Winter Chill looks really good on the Liberty especially with the vinyl black out on the hood. Also, I think depending on the light you see Winter Chill in makes a difference. I prefer Silver though hence the reason I traded my 2012 Flame Red JKUR for the 2012 Silver COD Edition. I think whichever color you pick you should be happy with. Remember in the end you are the one that has to live with it every day so take our responses as opinions only and pick what you like. Either way it's a JK and thats really what matters the most.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Silver...it was my 3rd choice after Sahara Tan (disc) and White....

Quick Reply: Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?