Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN!

I called the dealer today and to tell him I'd like to change the color on the order and he was like we can't do that, sorry. Seemed like he was in a rush.. I ordered it a 1 week ago exactly.

To me it sounded like he just didn't want to bother. But he may be telling it like it is, does anyone know?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MtraXX
Had an 11 Tan Sahara but really wanted Silver when I bought it. 6 months later, traded it for a Silver 12 Rubi and love it.

The Arctic can be cool at times until i saw one at the dealer the other day with a white fuzzy steering wheel, changed my mind set on how i felt about it.....

Yeah I ordered a rubicon man.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's your order status? Replace the colored parts with your info and put it in your browser. It will come up as a bunch of text. But near the top it will tell you your status. It might be built already.

https://ww w.jeep.com/vots/VOTSServlet?firstName=&lastName=YOUR LAST NAME&vin_last8=LAST 8 of your Vin&orderno=VON&service=json&random=0.275332634343501 64
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
What's your order status? Replace the colored parts with your info and put it in your browser. It will come up as a bunch of text. But near the top it will tell you your status. It might be built already.

https://ww w.jeep.com/vots/VOTSServlet?firstName=&lastName=YOUR LAST NAME&vin_last8=LAST 8 of your Vin&orderno=VON&service=json&random=0.275332634343501 64
Production Scheduled
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I really like the Winter Chill. It sounds like the dealer does not want to help. Keep going up the chain to get it fixed. Call Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat to get it changed. Anything is possible.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Edarahk
Production Scheduled
D or D1

D1 might be too late, mine is D1 I called the 800# and they said its on the production line. Heading to the shipping yard tomorrow. Not bad, ordered on 3/9.

My dealer had to call the east coast manager or something, sales guy said he never talked to someone so far up the chain. But they got it done for me.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

D or D1

D1 might be too late, mine is D1 I called the 800# and they said its on the production line. Heading to the shipping yard tomorrow. Not bad, ordered on 3/9.

My dealer had to call the east coast manager or something, sales guy said he never talked to someone so far up the chain. But they got it done for me.
Man I just don't know how to tell. Theyre cranking these things out damn.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Was yours D or D1 when you got it changed?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did it when I ordered. But in the dealer system it wouldn't let them put the winter chill as the color. So they wrote up the order as silver(second color choice,current jeep color), then faxed it to some guy after crossing out silver and writing in winter chill. I think the color made production fast, they are using up all the pre-painted bodies. For $35k you should get what you want. The guy I talked to when I called the 800# was real nice, they probably know more than the dealer.

The is the first line of my order when I put my your info in the link.

votsservice({"StatusDetails":{"expiryDate":"None", "statusDesc":"Production Scheduled","cStatus":"D1 ","delayReason":"None"},"Status":"SUCCESS","Vehicl eDetails":
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

I did it when I ordered. But in the dealer system it wouldn't let them put the winter chill as the color. So they wrote up the order as silver(second color choice,current jeep color), then faxed it to some guy after crossing out silver and writing in winter chill. I think the color made production fast, they are using up all the pre-painted bodies. For $35k you should get what you want. The guy I talked to when I called the 800# was real nice, they probably know more than the dealer.

The is the first line of my order when I put my your info in the link.

votsservice({"StatusDetails":{"expiryDate":"None", "statusDesc":"Production Scheduled","cStatus":"D1 ","delayReason":"None"},"Status":"SUCCESS","Vehicl eDetails":
Happen to have that 1800 number?

Quick Reply: Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?