Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bright Silver....Hands down.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the input, im still so torn though! why does there have to be two silvers dammit lol... Why cant life just be simple!?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riptide
Color is all about personal preference. Had Chill be available when I ordered mine, I would have ordered it. It wasn't, and went with Silver. Love the silver... but I still wish I had had the option to choose.
I've decided I'm going to change my order to Winter Chill, mainly for the reason that it's more unique without being super out of the norm (gecko,dozer,crush) I love those colors but I'm afraid for me that I might get tired of them in the long haul.

The more I look at the arctic editions the more the color grows on me, the only thing I dislike about them are the decals and stitching in the seats ect. Mine will be like an arctic edition without the logos and such. I'll just have to plastidip the wheels.

Nothing wrong with bright silver, I just find myself leaning more than slightly towards the Chill for many reasons.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen.
Ed
Old 03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

Great choice.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edarahk
I've decided I'm going to change my order to Winter Chill
Doubtful. Ordering for Winter Chill closed on 3/5.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

It never hurts to ask. I ordered WC Rubicon on 3/9, order is already D1, vin assigned.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke

I'm not sure why you're worrying about paint color and resale on a Jeep unless you only crawl the mall; chances are if you actually wheel it, whatever color but white is going to take a dive on/for resale.
It doesn't matter what color JK you have. The books are not going to care and more than likely neither will the dealer. Any buyer or dealer will be able to tell the Jeep has been wheeled no matter what the color upon a good visual inspection.
So to make sure I am understanding this correctly, you are saying because a Jeep is white and it is harder to see pinstripes because you have wheeled it that it is going to give it a trade/resell advantage over non white JK's? lol
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
It doesn't matter what color JK you have. The books are not going to care and more than likely neither will the dealer. Any buyer or dealer will be able to tell the Jeep has been wheeled no matter what the color upon a good visual inspection.
So to make sure I am understanding this correctly, you are saying because a Jeep is white and it is harder to see pinstripes because you have wheeled it that it is going to give it a trade/resell advantage over non white JK's? lol
i wouldn't buy a Jk if the paint looked like it hasn't been taken care of, so any color that shows less scratches in more valuable in my books.

Also if you are selling privately a neutral color may be easier to sell, the value may not be more but you may be able to sell it quicker.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Had an 11 Tan Sahara but really wanted Silver when I bought it. 6 months later, traded it for a Silver 12 Rubi and love it.

The Arctic can be cool at times until i saw one at the dealer the other day with a white fuzzy steering wheel, changed my mind set on how i felt about it.....
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MtraXX
Had an 11 Tan Sahara but really wanted Silver when I bought it. 6 months later, traded it for a Silver 12 Rubi and love it.

The Arctic can be cool at times until i saw one at the dealer the other day with a white fuzzy steering wheel, changed my mind set on how i felt about it.....
I'm pretty sure the OP is buying a Rubicon in Winter Chill, not an Arctic edition.

Quick Reply: Bright Silver vs Winter Chill?