Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bright lights

Old 10-06-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens to me all the time on hills, not much I can do about that. On the flat roads though it does not.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

It happens so often ( I drive at night a every week) that I just ignore it now. If I don't have anything wrong at my end I don't worry that they flashed me. Although, sometimes I have seen smokey out taking pictures and was happy for that car that flashed me.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catzilla
It happens so often ( I drive at night a every week) that I just ignore it now. If I don't have anything wrong at my end I don't worry that they flashed me. Although, sometimes I have seen smokey out taking pictures and was happy for that car that flashed me.
Oh, I completely agree about the smokey alerts. It is obvious (usually) if someone gives you a quick heads up flash.

I am talking about the people who turn them on, then LEAVE them on. those are the ones i give the gift of scorched retinas.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Happens to me all the time too. I was thinking of putting up a neon sign that says "Low beams activated".
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Oh, I completely agree about the smokey alerts. It is obvious (usually) if someone gives you a quick heads up flash.

I am talking about the people who turn them on, then LEAVE them on. those are the ones i give the gift of scorched retinas.
I find it funny to think what their reaction is when BAM! an artificial sun is coming at them. Although, I have heard that we can get a ticket for flashing someone...don't know the validity of that statement though.

Originally Posted by Hwyblades
Happens to me all the time too. I was thinking of putting up a neon sign that says "Low beams activated".
I have thought that myself but it I had a sign on the Jeep, I would probably use it to say what is really on my mind.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

I find it funny to think what their reaction is when BAM! an artificial sun is coming at them. Although, I have heard that we can get a ticket for flashing someone...don't know the validity of that statement though. [snip]
definetly true. you can be cited for it. the cop 2 drs down told me to watch it with my lights. *L*
Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool, I'll make sure to keep that in mind... ... ... or is ignorance truely bliss?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

cool, I'll make sure to keep that in mind... ... ... or is ignorance truely bliss?
I find it very relaxing personally.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Interesting responses. It does appear that the lights are perfectly level in adjustment. The low beams appear to be at the correct angle but the high beams seem a tad high.

Does anybody know the distance you should be from a wall when you are adjusting your headlight or does it matter?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think my lows are perfectly aligned, highs are too high and hate to lose my good low pattern by adjusting anything. I get flashed all the time and am still stock at this point. I agree that most people are assholes, but would like to add that most people are stupid as well.

Quick Reply: Bright lights