Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bright lights

Old 10-05-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE IT THEY SEE ME COMING
Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I adjusted my headlights down just a smidgen and now no one "brights" me. And, I get a little bit better light pattern in front of the JK, albeit not as far out.
I'm with you on this one Mark. They come just a tad hi......
Old 10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got that a little bit ago tonight. My stock fog lights turn off when my brights are, i guess people don't know thats how they work till i flash my brights back at them.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

The night we drove ours home from the stealership....we got "brighted" almost all the way home from several people,so I turned the brights on and they were shinning into the tree tops .....took it back to the stealership the next day and they adjusted the headlights ....no more getting "brighted" by others........IMO i think they don't adjust them at the factory,they just throw them in and ship'em.....
Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get the same thing all the time cant wait for some KC lights to show them what bright lights really are
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by codybill_1
I get the same thing all the time cant wait for some KC lights to show them what bright lights really are
they work. very well might i add. go 130 long range and they will never forget it. ahaha...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
they work. very well might i add. go 130 long range and they will never forget it. ahaha...
Right on
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are running with your fog lights on and it not foggy that could be part of the reason. It is not right to just drive around all the time with the fogs on.

I pass someone in a stock steel blue 2 door every morning on my way to work that always has their fogs on. Its very bring even for me up high. I could only imagine what that's doing to everyone in a normal car.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 AM
JK Freak

Since I have a 2.5" lift kit, it's really a problem. I think I should ajust the front lights . For the fog lights, I don't know if it's possible...?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MB-08-JK(R)
All,

With respect to getting "brighted". Most people aren't assholes by nature. If they are "brighting" you it's because your lights are causing them discomfort. There must be somethin on your end that is missaligned. There are multiple threads on this forum regarding poor lighting and the fact that our high beams work well for spotting planes and not so much for lighting up the road in front of us. And all of this right from the factory. There are other things that can further complicate this. There are many threads about the "rake" that the wrangler comes with from the factory and how to level out the stance . If you have made adjustments to the stance of your Jeep and you haven't re-aimed your lights this is a good source for your problem. Another issue that I had was when hauling even a moderately heavy load the rear settles and raises the aim of the headlights. So my recommendation is to be absolutely sure that your not getting "brighted" because of something that your doing. After you've taken care of any possible issues on your end... feel free to switch on those flamethrowers!
I have my lights aimed way down, further actually than they probably should be. I still get brighted.

I cant help it if hills in the roads make them go up and down and upset other drivers. I get blinded by theirs too, but I dont go around flashing them when they obviously DONT have their brights on. ~no point in it as, In my experience, most people ARE assholes by nature. IF they chose to express to me just how much of an asshole (and stupid asshole at that)they are, by attempting to blind me when i am driving a few thousand pound death missle at 60mph straight at them, i have no problem puting them in the spotlight for all the world to see. (so to speak )

I have done everything in my power to get my lights out of their eyes, if they still flash me, i dont feel in the slightest bit bad about letting 'em have it with 800+ watts of repulsor beam.

Quick Reply: Bright lights