Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

brand new Jk with rust spots...what to do?

Old 03-09-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this too on my white car, contamination that came from your brake. Need to do a decontamition wash $$$.

I will never take white again.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Noticed the same on my '15 JKUR last week; took a Mequiers clay bar to it today and they're all gone.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jrod250
Congrats on the twins. Mine will be 3. And you will survive. Lol. Trust me
Thanks, and I will try to trust you lol. These are my first and two girls, just a little nervous but super excited.

and thanks guys, I am going to take it to the dealer and see if they will do anything if not I will just clay bar when i have a chance.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowridr
Thanks, and I will try to trust you lol. These are my first and two girls, just a little nervous but super excited. and thanks guys, I am going to take it to the dealer and see if they will do anything if not I will just clay bar when i have a chance.
Sleep tonight. Gets lots of it. lol
Old 03-10-2015, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quite a few years ago I purchased a new 95 z28 and paid extra for the undercoating, well they didn't mask it off very well and got overspray over a large portion of the paint and convertible top back glass.
Clay bar took off the overspray when nothing else they tried would. Car looked great when they were done.
Clay bar should take that off, even if the dealer won't do it, do it yourself.
It's work but worth it
Old 03-11-2015, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Congrats on the upcoming twins!!! Don't, repeat...DO NOT let the dealer just say they'll buff it out. They will introduce swirl marks. The clay barring is very easy. A short cut that I did on mine was to use the clay bar while I was hand washing it. The soapy water acted as the lubricant for the clay bar. Cuts out the wash, dry, then use detail spray with the clay bar, then re-wash and dry routine. If ya lived close by I'd do it for free, it's easy and only takes 10 extra minutes while washing it.

Quick Reply: brand new Jk with rust spots...what to do?