Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brakes sticking

Old 12-06-2022, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes sticking

My 2017 Wrangler has had the brakes lock up on every wheel at different times. First the front driver side was not releasing. Had to get all new front brakes then it happened on the passager side front 3 months later. Again all new front brakes were needed under warranty from previous job. Rear passenger then locked up, said sticking caliper. Released and lubricated caliper and put on new rear pads. Now the same thing on the rear drivers side. At my wits end. No real off roading and basically no rust underneath. Anyone else have similar issues? The dealer has been good about it and has been covering the needed repairs under the brakes warranty but this is getting ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Most of the posts that I see on this sort of thing recommend replacing the rubber brake lines as they can collapse.
The following 2 users liked this post by Grand Umpah:
cutter4292 (12-15-2022), rndsommer (12-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Brakes sticking