Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brakes locked tight

Old 08-24-2022, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brakes locked tight

When in doubt, replace your brake lines, even if they don’t look bad/kinked/etc. 2011 JK used as a tow vehicle and daily driver. Discovered the front brakes were intermittently engaging when the brake pedal was depressed and would not release. At first it was not often. It got worse and happened every time I drive it. Even after sitting, the front driver side brake was locked tight. Replaced all the fluid, both front Calipers and front pads. No change. Inspected the brake lines and they appeared normal. Figured it was worth trying new lines and after replacing both front the problem is gone. I was going to replace the rotors, but the new ones were thinner than the existing ones.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 408 Likes on 383 Posts

Good update.. glad the brake hoses resolved the issue. that would have been my next check too after the calipers.

Quick Reply: Brakes locked tight