Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake pedal squeaks?

Old 02-21-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake pedal squeaks?

Hey guys, anyone else's brake pedal squeaked when pressed on? Its squeaks all the way down! thanks guys!!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

noone's brake pedal squeaks??
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not providing enough info...how many miles? Auto or Standard? Are you a brake rider?
If you got a ton of miles on it, and are rough braking could simply be that your pads are worn down to the squeal pins and need a changing....especially if your an automatic transmission as generally us standards have the ability to spare our brakes a little by shifting down....
OR....if you picked up a pebble in one of your pads from a recent outing that'll imbed itself in the brake pad and squeal to high hell when brakes applied.

Answer to problem? Jack it up and pull the wheels and have a look...see if your pads are worn or if your scaring up your rotor from a rock
Old 02-22-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try WD-40 at the pivot point
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry I didnt provide enough info, its not physically the pads it is the actual pedal. It squeaks when I press the pedal and will do it all the way down. I will try the wd-40! thanks!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. The dealer changed all the rear brakes and disks. After a few visits at the dealer, the technician told me that he can't resolve this problem.
A guy on this forum wrote that this can be the bushings of the shocks. He was right. When I installed my 4" suspension, this problem disappeared.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, yeah, sorry I read it as your brakes were squeeling....yeah, try the lube at the pivot point trick, good luck...it was 0300 hrs when I read it...my bad

Quick Reply: Brake pedal squeaks?