Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake Pedal Keeps Going

Old 12-16-2018, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brake Pedal Keeps Going

So had a brake job done by a dealer.(I know could have done it myself but don't have all the tools if things break, has 108K on it) Jeep is still there, day 20 on Monday, but I want to know what you all think it could be.
Everything has been changed in the brake systems. (Rotors, Pads, Calipers, Master Cylinder, Booster and Lines) Before changing the MC, lines and booster, they did just rotors calipers and pads. The pedal would stop the Jeep but continue to move until it bottomed out. They say they have bleed the brakes numerous times and have now changed the calipers again. If you push on it while Jeep is running the pedal can be push to the floor, well maybe a few inches off the floor. When the Jeep is off the peal won't move.
Let me know what you all think because they can't seem to figure it out. I have another tread with more details on here in the Talk area.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...-right-348674/

Old 12-18-2018, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sounds like the Master Cyliner

I see you are not getting support for your issue yet. I have had the same issue a couple of times over the year...come to a stop at a red light and keep depressing the brake pedal. Vehicle stopped fine, but pedal would slowly sink on to the floor. Relase the pedal and it would feel normal, but would sink to the floor again. The cause for me has always been the master cylinder - fluid was leaking past the seals in the bore.

Good luck, pls post what fixes your Jeep.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. They have changed the MC twice so far and the booster. So... I'm just so frustrated after 21 days. They are working with the Star engineers from Jeep. I have always thought and have voiced to them that is has to be air in the line some how. From day 2 when all they changed was rotors, pads and CALIPERS and bleed and flushed the system it hasn't been right. SO... wouldn't you think to go back to those items. Which they say they changed the calipers again. I think they bleed the system and let the MC go dry and suck air. But they supposedly bleed the system numerous times now and have used over 5 gallons with all the bleeding. It's sucking air from some where!!!

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Keeps Going