Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake noise when turning

Old 07-30-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake noise when turning

2012 JKUR 51,000kms
So the past 6 months or so, while applying the brakes durning somewhat hard turns (60kmh) or when slowing down and turning into a driveway at around 20 kmh I've been sometimes noticing this odd spongy feel in the brake pedal (It's the best way I can describe it)... It only lasts half a second but you can definitely feel and even hear it when it happens. I thought it was because I needed new brakes. But yesterday I had new brakes installed and it still seems to be doing this when I brake and turn into a driveway. Has anyone else had this problem? It's also happened the odd time when the road is wet and braking in a straight line (but mostly when turning). I thought it might be the ABS... But it sometimes happens when the ABS shouldn't even need to be activated. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconDan
2012 JKUR 51,000kms
So the past 6 months or so, while applying the brakes durning somewhat hard turns (60kmh) or when slowing down and turning into a driveway at around 20 kmh I've been sometimes noticing this odd spongy feel in the brake pedal (It's the best way I can describe it)... It only lasts half a second but you can definitely feel and even hear it when it happens. I thought it was because I needed new brakes. But yesterday I had new brakes installed and it still seems to be doing this when I brake and turn into a driveway. Has anyone else had this problem? It's also happened the odd time when the road is wet and braking in a straight line (but mostly when turning). I thought it might be the ABS... But it sometimes happens when the ABS shouldn't even need to be activated. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!!
Yeah could be an ABS sensor on its way out / ABS related
Is the ABS light coming on at all ?
Get it plugged in and see if its thowing up a fault

Quick Reply: Brake noise when turning