Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake Line Recall

Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

for the folks who had the lines replaced: did they do a complete change of the brake fluid?

I know they would have to drain some then bleed the new lines, I am curious about the extent of the work.

Mine don't rub so I haven't looked into it much.
Thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So i've brought my vehicle in for the K13 recall twice already. (next monday will be the third time) First time i was there for 1.5 hours and all they did was change my oil and told me they cant do the recall because they're too busy at the moment and to bring it back to have brake lines replaced during the week even though i made an appointment i then bring it back during the week and after dropping it off they call me later saying that the brake lines were fine and didnt need to be replaced so the dealer wasted my whole day because they didnt check well enough the first time

as i was doing a tire rotation i noticed my break lines are not perfectly round and it seems the paint has been stipped off (i was told by service manager when i brought it there the first time that if paint is gone they HAVE to replace brake line)

if i were you id double check thier work because my brake lines are starting to rust
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1170.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	125716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1184.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	125717  

Last edited by Croce; 02-09-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny. I'm sitting in the waiting area right now for that same recall. Thanks for the heads up...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueescapes
Funny. I'm sitting in the waiting area right now for that same recall. Thanks for the heads up...
Sitting in the waiting room? Go over to the sales floor and get a vehicle for a test drive.

Quick Reply: Brake Line Recall