Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake activation when accelerating from standstill

Old 10-08-2010, 08:08 AM
PNF
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake activation when accelerating from standstill

I'm a happy 2009 X unlimited owner. Till now pretty much problem free.
The last couple of days however when starting cold the brakes would activate when pulling out of my driveway which takes a sharp left turn. The ESP light would flash when doing this. Then the problem progressed from only activating the brakes in that sharp turn to braking on when driving straight too. After the engine was warmed up a bit the problem would go away.
This morning I checked my tire pressure, took of the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes and reset the IOD fuse. Hoping for a positive result I started and drove off. The ESP light did not flash but the brakes still engaged.
Dealer won't see my Jeep till late next week and will probably charge me an arm and a leg for this.
Anybody else had this problem? Thanks for your help!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
PNF
JK Newbie

Thanks for your reply Scooter!
BTW I forgot to mention in my opening post that I checked to see if there where any diagnostic codes. No codes there.
Shouldn't a speed sensor failure give a diagnostic code?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
PNF
JK Newbie

Understood.
Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply: Brake activation when accelerating from standstill