Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake, ABS, and Traction Control Lights On

Old 06-26-2024, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake, ABS, and Traction Control Lights On

The ABS, brake, and traction control lights on my 2015 Willys have been intermittently coming on, but now they are staying on. In the past, if you tuned it off and back on, they would go away. I have used my scan tool to check for any codes, and there aren’t any. Drives fine. The only thing I’ve noticed is that cruise control doesn’t work. Does anyone have any ideas? Appreciate it!

Last edited by Carcrazyteacher; 07-08-2024 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2024, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 410 Likes on 385 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. It could be an ABS Sensor at one of the wheels.. check the wiring and connections.
Old 06-26-2024, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JK Forum. It could be an ABS Sensor at one of the wheels.. check the wiring and connections.
Thanks! That’s what I was thinking, but I thought there would be a code thrown.
Old 06-26-2024, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

clock spring ! replacing that solved all kinds of problems on my JKU
Old 06-26-2024, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ABS sensor if its throwing a code. Clockspring if its not throwing codes. The clockspring has an extended warranty, free replacement for several years.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

I replaced the clock spring. The ABS, brake, and traction control light are still on. I also now have code U110A.

Can it be a ABS sensor if there are no codes for it? What would be causing this new code?

Thanks!

Last edited by Carcrazyteacher; 07-08-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-08-2024, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcrazyteacher
I have used my scan tool to check for any codes, and there aren’t any.
what scan tool are you using? something that is actually looking into the ABS module?

Originally Posted by Carcrazyteacher
The only thing I’ve noticed is that cruise control doesn’t work.
The only reason the cruise wasn't/isn't working is cuz those lights are on.

What brand clockspring did you put in? Mopar? Dorman? The code is that the PCM is not seeing the steering angle sensor. If you are certain that you got the clockspring plugged in properly, I'd question if that is just an off-brand that the computer is not liking. I don't think I would have been so quick to just throw a clockspring in myself without further troubleshooting and looking at actual live data with a scanner. This could be something as simple as cleaning the ABS module with something like DeoxiT for example. It's obviously easier when there is a code stored in the ABS module, but normally when a clockspring goes it's not the steering angle sensor creating ABS issues (jeep thinks your in a slide), but more things like horn, turn signals, cruise control, steering wheel buttons, etc are not working. Right now you're in a situation that the PCM is not getting communication from the steering angle sensor. Almost like you've taken a step backwards. Now there is a legitimate reason those lights are being flagged, because of that code. Not to say that the lights would be off if the code wasn't there. ie, previous clockspring might have been fine.

If that were my jeep I'd be playing around in the live data under the steering column and ABS modules. I might have tried a steering angle sensor reset on the previous clockspring before trying to replace that. At this point, i might be more apt to put the old clockspring back in, but that is just my line of thinking. I don't have all the answers.....i just do a lot of troubleshooting.

Quick Reply: Brake, ABS, and Traction Control Lights On