Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake, ABS, and ESP BAS Lights on the Dash

Old 08-01-2021 | 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
I'm the guy the did the deoxit. The lights have still never come back on!
Actually, I found this: Send the module in and $200 bucks. You get it back in 5 days refurbished. That's the way I'll go if the Deoxit doesn't work.

​​​​​​https://modulemaster.com/collections...0e-abs-rebuild

Last edited by dmwil; 08-01-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2021 | 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Quick question....While the module is off and being sent out for repair, can the Jeep be driven? I'd assume it just would have the warning lights and no ABS.
Old 08-02-2021 | 04:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get an email with updates to this thread. Good to see you had a BT dongle around. Amazing how much easier the guessing game is once you have a little more data! I've never had to deal with any anti-lock brake module, so this is a little interesting to follow along with. It's kinda how I learn and prep for any future occurrence I might run into. Even if I don't remember everything I tend to have a general idea that I ran across it somewhere and can usually re-locate the information again.

Took a quick look at this video to see the process and it looks straightforward. I need to watch it tonight at home since I can't listen to the audio at work -

The following users liked this post:
dmwil (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021 | 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I hit it with DeOxit today and it did nothing. I'm going to drive it again in the morning and see if that's still the case, then I'm going to pull the ABS module and try and send it in. I'm hopeful they can turn it around quickly. I'm imagining the dealer would be in the $600 or $700 range while the mail in company is $200. If I can save $400, it's worth it.
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmwil
Would Autozone or Advance Auto have the scanner that can tell me which wheel sensor?
probably not. They usually only have the basic scanner.
Old 08-03-2021 | 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JDaPP
probably not. They usually only have the basic scanner.
Thanks, I got it figured out with the Jscan app and a bluetooth OBDII device.

My engine threw another code today, though, in addition to the ABS module. This thing is just crying out for attention right now, I think! Lol!. It is P0052.
Old 08-04-2021 | 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

I cannot remember 100% but once after my Chev conversion I had a C2200 and it was stupid me cut the plug C105?? off over by the battery box thinking it went to the old 3.8 engine. It contained the connection for the 3 power supplies to the ABS - 1 switched and 2 permanent and ran on a short harness out of the TIPM around by the engine then up the battery box to the plug and back into the firewall harness. Why not in the main harness all the way I do not know! Did you check the fuses/power to the ABS first? Some guys are referring you to deoxit which means they suspect similar in the form of bad connection and my suggestion is fuses or bad connection at that 7 pin plug mentioned above.
The following users liked this post:
dmwil (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021 | 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
I cannot remember 100% but once after my Chev conversion I had a C2200 and it was stupid me cut the plug C105?? off over by the battery box thinking it went to the old 3.8 engine. It contained the connection for the 3 power supplies to the ABS - 1 switched and 2 permanent and ran on a short harness out of the TIPM around by the engine then up the battery box to the plug and back into the firewall harness. Why not in the main harness all the way I do not know! Did you check the fuses/power to the ABS first? Some guys are referring you to deoxit which means they suspect similar in the form of bad connection and my suggestion is fuses or bad connection at that 7 pin plug mentioned above.
I will absolutely check that this evening! Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 08-04-2021 | 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Do you have a pic or diagram of the plug? I want to check every possibility.
Old 08-09-2021 | 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

The lights disappeared and ABS/TC are working fine now. They were on when I drove to work this morning and again when I went to lunch. Then after work, gone.

The only 2 things I did was to spray DeOxit on the contacts 5 or so days ago and then yesterday I removed the auto sway bar disconnect solenoid/actuator and used an AEV ProCal to disable the sway bar disco light.

Other than those two things, it appears to have healed itself. Wierd!!

Quick Reply: Brake, ABS, and ESP BAS Lights on the Dash