Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bouncing and Shaking after first trip in mud, help please!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another thing you should know is that you can do an alignment yourself to get everything straightened out! save the 60 bucks and read the write-up on here! it works with up to 3 1/2 inches of lift i think. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...end-alignments
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeaNGreeNSaharA

Went out on some wet red clay roads here in Oklahoma

Yup! Red Clay will certainly throw off your tire balance. I dealt with this in Southern Georgia for quite a few years (not with a Jeep, but with other vehicles...). Gotta get that mud out of the tread, or it will throw off the tire balance. In the South Eastern States, Georgia, Florida, Alabama & Mississippi, we call it having "Mud in your tires"! Some people give us that blank stare, and ask us how you get mud "IN" your tires. It's in the tread... not literally "IN" your tires.

Here are some recommendations:

1. Wash/Scrub "ALL" Mud out of the treads.
2. Make sure your Wheels didn't slip within your Tires, and throw off your "Match Mount" (High/Low Spots on your Wheels/Tires).
3. Have Tires checked for Balance.
4. Have your Alignment checked again after you get your tires straightened out.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definately get that tire, if not all balanced. After mud, I always pressure washed the whole underside of the jeep and inside the rims. Swim goggles make it a bit safer for your eyes. A skull cap helps keep it outta your ears.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mud gone, wheel balanced, and good as new! Thank goodness, I was really bummed when I thought I had messed something up.

Will make sure to not wear light colors next time washing wheels, I was splattered painted!

Quick Reply: Bouncing and Shaking after first trip in mud, help please!