Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bolt position/orientation on the spare tire carrier...

Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..... you might want to re-evaluate your present position on OCD and your mental state

All joking aside, I looked at that last week, and it bothered me that the spokes on my wheels were "upside down". Meaning that rather than the one vertical post pointing up, its pointing down... catch my drift?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

lol, I only put the volume on my radio at eather 12, 15, or 20... idk why, it just bothers me on other numbers.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GON WHLN
lol, I only put the volume on my radio at eather 12, 15, or 20... idk why, it just bothers me on other numbers.
now that is bad!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

now that is bad!!!

ya, my girl seems to do it in her car now too. I guess I never noticed but she only will use denominations of 5 for her volume.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
For you who may not know, OCD is short of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which I do not have but co-workers vehemently say I do... Anyways, the reason for this thread is; does anyone know why the bolt pattern for the spare tire carrier is the way it is. I mean, it is three bolt pattern like an upside down triangle? I have reversed the pattern so the triangle has its tip pointed upwards. Why did I do this? So that when I place the spare tire on the carrier, the lettering can be easily read and the valve stem is at the top. Can anyone see any forseeable reason for me not to do this?
Get a Rubi & then the lettering won't be a problem.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Do you like the show "Monk"?

I have thought of this, too.
What I came up with is strength. If the three lug nuts are loose, you will notice the wheel pivots a little and hangs from the highest point. I would rather have two lugs at the top than just one.

That's my theory, and it makes me feel better about the "upside down" wheel.

Quick Reply: Bolt position/orientation on the spare tire carrier...