Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Body mount bolt question

Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body mount bolt question

I have some Olympic extreme reversibars on my Rubi and they hit my stock rock rails. I want to replace the bolts on the bottom of the body mounts with longer bolts so I can manufacture some 1/4" spacers to mount between the body mount frame yokes and my reversibars. This should eliminate the contact between the rails and the reversibars. I tried to punch a couple of the bolts out and they don't seem to want to pop out of the body mount. Does anyone know if these can be popped out or not?
The other option would be to install a body lift but I am not sure how much trouble those are to install.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

how did you get the body mount bolts out. i am needing to install side steps on my wifes and they seem like they dont want to come out.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default body bolts

I removed all mine to put on a 1" body lift, after you loosen them they will hang in place. take a pry bar and wedge them out. there is a retaining washer that keeps them in the hole. the M.O.R.E. body lift I did was done in about an hour. the hardest part is seperating the big washer from the original body mount bolts.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks so much, i was getting mad and the thought had crossed my mind of doing that. this will allow me to reinstalled later right?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default body bolts

yeah they will go back in. if installing body lift they give you new bolts.

Quick Reply: Body mount bolt question