Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Block heater

Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For gee whiz info there is no reason to plug it in all night when your temps do drop low enough to use it. Get a timer and set it for about 2 hours prior to going to work.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by falconfixer
For gee whiz info there is no reason to plug it in all night when your temps do drop low enough to use it. Get a timer and set it for about 2 hours prior to going to work.
No that is a brilliant idea!! Thanks for that tip. It never even occured to me to do that.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by falconfixer
Yes, my 07 came with one here in AK. And that's what I do.......I never leave ours on all night....(my wive has a Rav 4). It just all depends on how cold it is. But usually my timer is set for 2-3 hours in the morning and that is fine. But if it gets to -45 or so....well....an hour or so longer won't hurt. But I usually don't plug in till it's around -15-20.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I recommend a mirror hanger to remind you that you are plugged in before you drive off and cause damage. Mine is card board and says in big letters "PLUG".
Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
I recommend a mirror hanger to remind you that you are plugged in before you drive off and cause damage. Mine is card board and says in big letters "PLUG".
Thats a very smar idea, thank you
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

When I plug in the VW Diesel, I put a large piece of white paper under the windshield wiper.

It's in the garage, so not worried about it blowing off.

Several times, I've climbed in and was glad I did that.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

This past winter I drove a '97 Diesel F250 with failing plugs and had a terrible time. I had to run an extension cord from my third story apartment

Some mornings the cord fell out of the plug (until I moved it), then as time went on the problem got worse and plugging in did NOTHING. $944 later and it was back on the road

Now I have a Jeep!

They're mechanically reliable..... right?

Quick Reply: Block heater