Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blinker stuck!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left right left hi beams right left

what's really nice is when you're engaging and flashing your hi beams too while trying to stop the possesed turn signal. sometimes you can get folks in front of you to move over from the left right signal/flash lite show
Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sickboy55
I went through the same madness.
It really is a lame design. Even *if* I wanted to use a feature like that, three blinks is no where near enough time to make a proper lane change on the freeway.
Wow must be nice driving on your freeways. In Atlanta area traffic at 80+MPH, you only need about 1 1/2 blinks and move over fast before someone fills the gap and cuts you off!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Glad to know I am not losing my mind too. I have had the right blink/left blink trouble a few times. Hubby swears I must be imagining things. I have had some strange looks from guys in trucks probably making the proverbial blonde joke about me.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also took mine to the dealer thinking something was wrong with it. How do we know that the Jeep has this feature?? Is it in the owner's manual??? where?

Who reads the owner's manual?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

This is definitely an intended feature, and a good one in my opinion. Had it for the first time on my Touareg and wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

that went way over your head.

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
When I'm behind you and you're not using blinkers, then you end up pushed off the road, you may rethink using em!

It took me some getting used to, too, but on the highway changing lanes, this is really handy. I think that we got this little "feature" from Mercedes before the Daimler-Chrysler divorce...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am SOOOOO glad you all pointed this highway "feature"out.

I felt the the worlds biggest jackass flipping my blinker left,right,left then highbeaming the motorcycle cop in front of my on the viaduct last night.

Of course he slowed down to look at me grinning like an idiot with the "I'm not drunk I'm just really stupid" look on my face.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

I hit mine by accident all of the time - my blinkers do not turn off after making turns, so I have to manually stop them, so I almost always accidentally hit the lane change blinker in the opposite direction. I guess I should get my blinkers fixed....
Old 04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Eh.. just add some DOT5 approved blinker fluid. Problem sloved!

Quick Reply: Blinker stuck!