Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blinker stuck!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blinker Fluid

I'm not a fan of the new blinker things on them, they are hard to cancel without smacking up turn the other way signal.

However the turn signals on the loaner 2008 BMW are slick, you don't really 'move' it as much as slighly tap it... its slick and takes getting used to; but its neat and should be on all vehicles some day...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through the same madness. Turn on the blinker to change lanes, flip it off, the blinker blinks the other way, quickly flip it the other direction, left right left right left right - and I look like I'm drunk driving down the freeway.

I took it to the dealer THREE times to fix the *problem*. They even did a warranty replacement on the turn signal column.

Then the dealer figured out the three blink feature. They had no clue it even existed on the Jeep.

Now that I'm aware of it, I just make sure not to flick the turn signal as forcefully as I did before, and it hardly ever happens.

It really is a lame design. Even *if* I wanted to use a feature like that, three blinks is no where near enough time to make a proper lane change on the freeway.

Last edited by Sickboy55; 10-19-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

I'm a fan of the lane change feature...

Originally Posted by Sickboy55
...It really is a lame design. Even *if* I wanted to use a feature like that, three blinks is no where near enough time to make a proper lane change on the freeway.
Eh, if you're moving at speed, 3 blinks seems to be enough.... assuming it's not a congested highway. Although, sometimes I do think it could use an extra blink.... but 4 blinks would probably drive me mad somehow????
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around here you'd probably get a DUI for using your signals. Most people's turn signal arms have wilted away from lack of attention. Durango is a town where folks think Right Turn On Red is mandatory and Driver's Ed is voluntary. We're recommending everyone out here change to synthetic blinker fluid because then it will last forever.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by horwitzs
When you are cancelling your signal you are moving the lever just enough back in the opposite direction to trigger the 3 blinks. Just be more careful
Konkur. Took me a while to find the touch to turn it off. This is the first vehicle I've had that had a "Passing Blinker Stage". Now, I don't turn the blinker on unless I'm actually making a 90 degree turn. For just passing or changing lanes, I'll hold the blinker down just enough that it doesn't lock into place. Now that I've figured it out, I kinda' dig it.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK7349
Did ya check your blinker fluid?
If it isn't the blinker fluid, you may want to check the Johnson rod. I hear that can cause blinker stickage.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by StevieRay
If it isn't the blinker fluid, you may want to check the Johnson rod. I hear that can cause blinker stickage.
I think it'd have to be an oversized johnson rod to cause blinker stickage. I don't even think Tommy Lee's johnson rod could have caused blinker stickage.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I think it'd have to be an oversized johnson rod to cause blinker stickage. I don't even think Tommy Lee's johnson rod could have caused blinker stickage.
It's really only a problem if your seat is adjusted up and forward all the way~
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by StevieRay
It's really only a problem if your seat is adjusted up and forward all the way~
Ahhh.... I see...
Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seer1
Around here you'd probably get a DUI for using your signals. Most people's turn signal arms have wilted away from lack of attention. Durango is a town where folks think Right Turn On Red is mandatory and Driver's Ed is voluntary. We're recommending everyone out here change to synthetic blinker fluid because then it will last forever.
that's what this feature is for. everyone knows that using a blinker is a motorists sign of weakness. the three blink feature allows you to remain legal while not giving other motorists time to seperate you from the herd and eat you.

Quick Reply: Blinker stuck!