Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blinker stuck!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker stuck!

I have heard that it is somewhat common for jeeps blinkers to get stuck on.. I just wanted to see if this was true? Mine gets stuck on every now and then and I have to play with it a little before it turns off, the people behind me probably think I am having issues!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the same problem, If i cancel a right signal, then it will signal left for 3 cycles. It drives me nuts! Would love to find a solution to this one.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did ya check your blinker fluid?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

It's a highway passing feature i think... As far as I know, it's normal, and can be quite useful while changing lanes on the highway.

Just give it a little tap up or down, right before the spot where it would lock in, and it will do it.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default ha

where would I find that? hahaha JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
It's a highway passing feature i think... As far as I know, it's normal, and can be quite useful while changing lanes on the highway.

Just give it a little tap up or down, right before the spot where it would lock in, and it will do it.
So it will go off by itself after a few blinks?? Ha I always play with it before it gets the chance i guess!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Try it... It'll blink 3 times. then go out... You'll get used to it reallll fast

I was scratching my head the first time i drove my jeep home. Put the left blinker on while merging onto the highway, went to shut it off, and the right blinker went on.... thought the right blinker was on, so i put it down again, and got more left blinker..... Yeah, must've looked like a drunk man...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Try it... It'll blink 3 times. then go out... You'll get used to it reallll fast

I was scratching my head the first time i drove my jeep home. Put the left blinker on while merging onto the highway, went to shut it off, and the right blinker went on.... thought the right blinker was on, so i put it down again, and got more left blinker..... Yeah, must've looked like a drunk man...
I don't think my jeep is fast enough to utilize this feature . And I'm also pretty sure mine did not go off. I always have to mess around with and look like a old person or as you said a drunk .
Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sbaglin
I don't think my jeep is fast enough to utilize this feature . And I'm also pretty sure mine did not go off. I always have to mess around with and look like a old person or as you said a drunk .
I dunno.... It should blink 3 times, and go out by itself. If not, maybe something is wrong. Give it a shot.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xoxoJeepGalxoxo
where would I find that? hahaha JUST KIDDING!!!
Sorry, I had to. It was just too easy!!

Quick Reply: Blinker stuck!