Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blinker messed up?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker messed up?

My driver side rear blinker is not working. I thought it was the bulb but it is not. I can't find any blown fuses either. The left blinker indicator flashes really fast compared to the right side. Also, the front driver blinker works fine. WTF am I missing? I need help as it is not an option to take it to the stealership (no money). Thanks, I hope this is just something stupid that I have over looked.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

When the bulb checks OK, it's usually a bad ground or corroded socket contact.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the indicator is blinking fast bc the light is not working, its only telling you that the light is not working. id check your connections and then look for a a frayed wire, etc... make sure you hit the terminals with some dielectric grease.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Well, a little update. The good news is my blinker is now working. I've tracked the problem down to the wire harness on my utility trailer. It's new, and doesn't seem to be pinched or cut anywhere, so I guess this weekend I'll rewire it and see if that cures the problem. The trailer lights are LED, so I don't know if that matters or not. When I plug the trailer in, that is when the left side blinker and trailer light stop working, then, once I unplug the trailer, turn off the Jeep, then turn it back on the blinker seems to work fine. I'm just glad it's not a problem with the Jeep. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepn0811
Well, a little update. The good news is my blinker is now working. I've tracked the problem down to the wire harness on my utility trailer. It's new, and doesn't seem to be pinched or cut anywhere, so I guess this weekend I'll rewire it and see if that cures the problem. The trailer lights are LED, so I don't know if that matters or not. When I plug the trailer in, that is when the left side blinker and trailer light stop working, then, once I unplug the trailer, turn off the Jeep, then turn it back on the blinker seems to work fine. I'm just glad it's not a problem with the Jeep. Thanks!
Ah, well. I didn't see any mention of a trailer in the first post.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Ya, I was frustrated and forgot to mention it. It still wouldn't work with the trailer unpluged. when I got home today I played with it more and figured out it was the trailer.

Quick Reply: Blinker messed up?