Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blend Door Operation

Old 02-17-2024 | 05:57 AM
JK Newbie
Veteran: Navy

I was wondering if anyone had a video or a picture of the Blend Door Actuator showing the correct position of the arm the moves the blend door?
The following users liked this post:
Muddog (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024 | 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely doesn’t like the aftermarket ones. The OEM used came in today. No codes now.

Most importantly, no recalibrations now!

Last edited by Derelique; 02-17-2024 at 05:08 PM.
Russ (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024 | 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Nice! It’s just too bad the OEM ones are so friggin’ expensive. I guess with some parts it’s best to bite the bullet and save the frustration. I’ll eventually replace mine with OEM but I’m not ready to destroy my hands again right now…
Old 02-18-2024 | 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have a picture or video of the blend door operation. I think I may have the arm in the wrong position.
Old 02-19-2024 | 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Russ
Do you have a picture or video of the blend door operation. I think I may have the arm in the wrong position.
No, although I did try multiple positions on the aftermarket ones. I don’t think it’s a position issue at all.

the recalibration every time you open the door is going to wear out those actuators pretty quickly though.

also the Dorman while it did work, it would like to go either full hot or full cold a lot of the time. So many issues were fixed going to the OEM actuator. Try and find new or used(from a wrecked vehicle) OEM ones on eBay. It will save you some money.
Russ (02-20-2024)
Old 03-03-2024 | 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Update: Replace actuator with OEM version and the temp blend door now passes calibration. I ordered another OEM actuator for the recirculation door now that I know the Dorman actuators obviously have some kind of design flaw... improper gearing or something....
Old 04-10-2024 | 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Best app for calibration

Which app are you using? I have JScan but can’t seem to get what I need. I’m not seeing an option for calibration. I’ve changed out blend door three times now in the past 2 years. This last one is Mopar and I was hoping it would actually work. The problem is only hot air (all the way right) or only cold air (left), no actual blending.

thanks

Originally Posted by Derelique
I’m pretty sure the Dorman and crown aftermarket ones are causing my faults. They both work but it’s super lame that they cause it to recalibrate constantly.

I replaced the broken OEM one on the temp/left side with a Dorman and I was getting an error. I swapped the OEM one from the mode selection and now that one has the error with a crown that was just shipped to me and the original Dorman. I found OEM 3 pack on eBay from a wrecked jeep. I will confirm when I get them next week, but I’m pretty sure it will fix my problem.

Error with Dorman on left side.

Same error with Dorman and Crown on right side/front mode. No error was reported on that side when the OEM was installed.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Operation