Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Blend Door Operation

Old 02-06-2024 | 09:12 AM
JK Newbie
Veteran: Navy

Default Blend Door Operation

I cannot figure out why JSCAN reports that the Left Temp (Blend Door) fails calibration. Anyone else experience this or know what I should do?
See link to video.to
I have not installed a new Recirc Door actuator. Waiting to finish up the blend door..

Last edited by Russ; 02-06-2024 at 09:14 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-07-2024 | 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Russ, when you first turn the key on you should see the yellow light blinking on the far right knob (vent position) if it is truly recalibrating. If it is continually recalibrating you should be hearing a clicking noise(broken blend door actuator) on the left side on console.
Old 02-07-2024 | 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Yes. The light is blinking for about 8 to 10 seconds and then stops. The door seems to operating properly but my JSCAN app reports that the blend door fails calibration. I am trying to figure out why.
Old 02-07-2024 | 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default JSCAN - HVAC Controls Explained

Took me awhile to figure out what front mode was. Doah!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HVAC Controls.pdf (228.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 02-07-2024 | 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

The saga continues. JSCAN reports travel too large. Not sure what my next step is... Reposition the arm that rotates the blend door?

Old 02-07-2024 | 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Is it possible that the actuator was replaced previously with an aftermarket unit? Mine will not properly calibrate using JScan, but I cheaped out and used a Crown actuator instead of a Mopar one…should have just bit the bullet and bought OEM since the aftermarket ones seem to have problems.

Other than the flashing defrost light and the short delay for the system to operate everything seems to be working fine, so until that changes I’m not doing the job again. It took weeks for my hands to recover from replacing the damn thing.
Old 02-08-2024 | 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Actually the Crown actuator solves the normal issue of the plastic pin holding the big gear in place breaking at the base. Crown uses a steel pin, much better idea. I would think if not hearing any clicking noises (broken actuators) then the control module must be bad.
Old 02-09-2024 | 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

I have been using Dorman from Auto Zone.
Old 02-10-2024 | 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Successfully replaced the recirc door actuator. Not an easy job... but, it's done. Now back to the blend door. It continues to fail calibration and it's operation is not quite right. Sometimes I have to cycle from cold to hot to get it to blow cool/cold air. I believe I may have the arm of the door in the wrong position. Maybe it's one one notch either side of the current position. Anyone have any experience is placing the arm of the actuator in the proper position?
Old 02-16-2024 | 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

I’m pretty sure the Dorman and crown aftermarket ones are causing my faults. They both work but it’s super lame that they cause it to recalibrate constantly.

I replaced the broken OEM one on the temp/left side with a Dorman and I was getting an error. I swapped the OEM one from the mode selection and now that one has the error with a crown that was just shipped to me and the original Dorman. I found OEM 3 pack on eBay from a wrecked jeep. I will confirm when I get them next week, but I’m pretty sure it will fix my problem.

Error with Dorman on left side.

Same error with Dorman and Crown on right side/front mode. No error was reported on that side when the OEM was installed.

Last edited by Derelique; 02-16-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Operation