Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bf goodrich tires suck!!!! State you opinion!

Old 08-03-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have almost 70k on my 08. I rotate all 5 so really it's more like 55k on each tire. I'll get another year on them then I'll try something new. Maybe duratracs.

I had those crap metal tpms stems with nuts that corroded so I've had the wheels dismounted and remounted. When we were remounting them my friend showed me that when the balancing is hard to find he rotates the tire around the wheel some and tries again. Seems not all rims are perfectly balance to begin with. Add a big tire and the problem gets multiplied.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
So that's the secret. Don't rotate your BFGs and they won't cup.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Hey, all I can do is recite my own experience. YMMV.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I have BFG rubi takeoffs (2012) on my JKU. I have over 47,000 miles. Rotated twice due to irregular wear on the fronts. I have been very happy with them. Will likely get about 60-80K out of them.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this complaint a lot in the raptor world, the factory bfg at's sucked, major wear in 20k or less miles, major cupping and pitting when run offroad, but the guys that are running them after market are getting a different tread compound that is harder and more resistant to cupping and chunking. in the case of the 315/70/17 and im sure other sizes also there is a speed rating of S or R, that is because of different compounds of rubber they use to make the same size tire. I believe the softer tire is the S but I could be wrong. The harder compound is a very good tire that I have seen run 60k plus miles when on the same truck the softer compound wouldn't go 25k.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I've had two sets of BFG on two different vehicles. Never again. When it comes to truck or SUV, I stick with Nitto only.

I stick with nitto as well. My diesel truck down to our explorer. They never need a lot of weight, Made in USA, and get great mileage.

Sent from my fish finder using JK-Forum
Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Never had any issues with the many sets of BFG's I've owned. Never owned Nittos but have heard good and bad about them. Crapshoot I guess.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiblet
I have almost 70k on my 08. I rotate all 5 so really it's more like 55k on each tire. I'll get another year on them then I'll try something new. Maybe duratracs.

I had those crap metal tpms stems with nuts that corroded so I've had the wheels dismounted and remounted. When we were remounting them my friend showed me that when the balancing is hard to find he rotates the tire around the wheel some and tries again. Seems not all rims are perfectly balance to begin with. Add a big tire and the problem gets multiplied.
Yeah tried that with minimal success due to the fact that my rims balanced out almost perfectly without the tire on. Tire dealer tried to blame my 7069 procomp rims on the problem..............................he failed
Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I saw this complaint a lot in the raptor world, the factory bfg at's sucked, major wear in 20k or less miles, major cupping and pitting when run offroad, but the guys that are running them after market are getting a different tread compound that is harder and more resistant to cupping and chunking. in the case of the 315/70/17 and im sure other sizes also there is a speed rating of S or R, that is because of different compounds of rubber they use to make the same size tire. I believe the softer tire is the S but I could be wrong. The harder compound is a very good tire that I have seen run 60k plus miles when on the same truck the softer compound wouldn't go 25k.
Now that is info.......I will check the speed rating on the 305/65R17
Old 08-04-2014, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rifle jk
I stick with nitto as well. My diesel truck down to our explorer. They never need a lot of weight, Made in USA, and get great mileage.

Sent from my fish finder using JK-Forum
From your fishfinder? Dude you need to find a better fishin spot if you have time to check threads and reply to them from the boat!!!!!!!! LMAO

Last edited by Gitsum; 08-04-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my km2's. Best tires I've ever had.

Quick Reply: Bf goodrich tires suck!!!! State you opinion!