Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Belt Routing Diagram Help

Old 06-13-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Belt Routing Diagram Help

I can only pray none of you are as scatterbrained as I. A three hour job has turned into five days and I've forgotten how the belt goes back on. The Jeep has an AT, PS and Air. Anyone have a diagram? All I can find on the net are diagrams of 4.0's.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if ya look up "scatterbrained" in the dictionary you'd find my pic but I'll try. The "ribbed" side of the belt contacts all the "ribbed" pulleys and the "flat/back" side contacts all the flat pulleys. Starting from the alternator with ribs down; down right to the A/C compressor (ribs down); up left to the ?water pump pulley? (ribs up); down to the crank shaft (right side of facing, ribs down); around to the idler pulley (ribs up); around the power steering pump (ribs down); around the belt tensioner (ribs up); to the idler pulley (ribs up); back to the alternator! I really hope that helps 'cause I had to look like 4 times.

Edit: Just as a clarification...my use of "down" means ribs contacting pulley and "up" is flat side contacting pulley.

Last edited by Michigan Mike; 06-13-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about some pics

what were you putting/changing on the jeep?

Last edited by tkob1060; 06-13-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

I'm throwing in a PSC Cylinder Assist Steering Kit. I think I've lost my mind.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PSC cylinder assist installation, and you can't put the serpentine belt back on? Man , there's more of you out there that are like me after all. Funny story, I got a self-propelled garden tiller on clearance cause it was missing some parts. I rigged up the handle part that was missing and did a pretty good job, drilling, fabbing. For the life of me I couldn't firgue out why it wanted to wheelie and attempt to drag me across the yard. Until my wife came out and looked at the wheels and said" shouldn't you move those pin lookin things into the hole on the axle" Yeah, the frt was free wheelin while the blades dug in, instead of them pulling I also had the blades turning in reverse of what they should be digging, hence the dragging wheelie. Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us. Hate it when my wife walked around all pompous after that though.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't most vehicels have the diagram on the hood or on a sticker on top the front shroud inside the engin compartment??? My dodge ram did...now I'm going to have to go outside and look.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thissideup
Don't most vehicels have the diagram on the hood or on a sticker on top the front shroud inside the engin compartment??? My dodge ram did...now I'm going to have to go outside and look.
ah key word most
Old 06-13-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

wow..guess not. That's a first for me...had to get up and go look...
Old 06-13-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

spent more time trying to find my dam flip flops so I could go look than the time it took to look

Quick Reply: Belt Routing Diagram Help