Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bell Chime After Engine Started - No Alert Lamps Illuminate

Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bell Chime After Engine Started - No Alert Lamps Illuminate

My vehicle is a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon with about 6,700 miles. A few seconds, about three, after starting the engine I hear an alert chime but no lamp illuminates in the dash. I think my Jeep is telling me to change my oil but I am not 100% sure. Has anyone else had this experience?

I plan to schedule an oil change with my dealer as I received complimentary oil and filter changes when I purchased it from them. I am trying to figure out what the chime may be alerting me to before I take it in.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2010 it will actually tell me "change oil" where the mileage usually is displayed. Turn your key to the on position without starting it and pump your gas pedal fully 3 times then turn it off. Turn it back on again and if its the oil indicator that will reset it.

Quick Reply: Bell Chime After Engine Started - No Alert Lamps Illuminate