Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Battling dry start-up by holding down gas pedal...is this bad?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OOC-07Rubi
Thanks for all your inputs guys...really appreciate it. I'm thinking about changing the oil filter on on my next oil change to see if it solves the annoying knock. As for now, i will keep stepping on gas for a couple crank just to get oil up there as the ON/Run key thingy doesn't work for me. Thanks again.
No need to wait until your next drain and fill.

You can replace the filter anytime and only lose whatever oil is in the filter. I cut an empty washer-fluid bottle into a scoop to catch the oil/filter. Works great! Be sure to leave the cap on the bottle!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jp2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	267607
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
I actually just tried this after I read your post. And guess what... It's -50 with the wind chill and my Jeep has been parked all night. NO start up knock when I did this. I had the Jeep plugged in overnight, but at this temperature it would normally get the knock regardless off whether it was plugged in or not...it's just that damn cold. Your suggestion worked and I thank you!!
-50...........shit

no wonder my wife didn't want to move there for a job relocate!

Quick Reply: Battling dry start-up by holding down gas pedal...is this bad?