Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Battery light and no fog lights

Old 01-07-2019, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery light and no fog lights

So tonight I had to change my tie rod ends idler pulley as well as the other pulley and I left my key on for a while so I could move the wheels when I started the jeep the battery light came on and my fog lights which have been working fine will only light for about t seconds and then go off. I put a ohm meter on the Battery and when running I have over 14 volts. Also I have the gascap light with no cel changed the cap but light still on any help would be great
Old 01-07-2019, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Bump any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-07-2019, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

sounds to me like a dead/low battery, and even though you're pulling 14v when it's on, it's not on long enough to charge. When the jeep is not running, how many volts are you getting from the battery? Unless I misread your post, I'd charge the battery overnight and reassess after it's fully charged.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

At first it was showing more than 12.6 when sitting put it on charge and the light went off so it needed a charge I figured as much but the 12.6 had me concerened
Old 01-07-2019, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Not sure how old the battery is, but these JKs seem to eat up normal batteries every 2-3 years. Prior to replacing my last one, if I left the key on to listen to the radio for a hour or so that would drain it to the point of not starting.

Quick Reply: Battery light and no fog lights