Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Battery light on

Old 06-16-2022, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Battery light on

I have a 2012 JKUR. The battery light has been on steady for a while now. The battery is new, the alternator is new and the belt is new.
I also have a bad wheel speed sensor, already have a new one and just need to install it.
Currently I am showing the following codes:
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected - this code has been intermittent for at least the last 5 years. I have replaced the spark plug and coil pack numerous times. I have also already had the valve cover replacement done. I have no idea why this keeps coming back.
P0013 B Camshaft Position Sensor Actuator Control Circuit/Open Bank 1 - The camshaft position sensor was replaced two years ago
C1015 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit - have a new sensor, installing soon
U0125 Lost Communication with Dynamics Sensor
P0622 Generator Field/F Terminal Circuit
P2503 Charging System Voltage Low - battery is good, alternator is new, no idea here

I have heard that bad wheel speed sensors will cause all kinds of codes, but am not sure all of these are caused by that. Any idea are appreciated.

I am about ready to push this thing off a cliff, its been nothing but problems this last year.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

Wondering if you checked and cleaned all ground connections. There are many points that the harness grounds and I believe Resharp has some pictures of where they all are. There may be a broken or chafed wire going to your Field terminal of the alternator. Is the battery charging with the light on?
The following users liked this post:
user 729872082 (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 05:29 AM
Former Member

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

I agree, make sure it is charging properly.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a multimeter and check the battery with it running and make sure it is above 12.5 volts. Should be 13-14 volts running.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Yes the battery is charging correctly and holding a charge. I just replaced the dynamics sensor. That got rid of a couple codes. Still have the P0013 and the battery light is still on. Check engine light is intermittent, and the traction control lights come on intermittently, but thats due to a wheel speed sensor.
Also something I have noticed when driving, and I am not exactly sure how to explain it. When I hit certain bumps there is a sound almost like an exhaust reverberation. Almost feels like a slight loss of power accompanies this also. I have no idea what it is or even how to troubleshoot it, or if it is related to other issues.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:27 AM
Former Member

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

Interesting. You may have a problem around the Oil Control valve area. Check all the wiring carefully before you replace it. You can also troubleshoot this to some degree but it may be simpler to replace it. It is odd you are still getting the battery light. If you have a voltage problem you will get weird and odd codes. There is always the chance you have a PCM problem but that is the last thing I would get to. Good Luck.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Update. I replaced the wheel speed sensor and cleared codes to see what would happen. The battery light came back almost immediately. The check engine light stayed off until I hit a bump and then it came back on with a P0013 code. The exhaust reverberation has mostly gone away, but did occur on the same bump that caused the check engine light to come on.

I think next step is to check all of the grounds and all of the wires and connectors to see if something is loose. Thank you all for the advice. I will get this all sorted out.

Quick Reply: Battery light on