Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Battery Light

Old 02-18-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Light

Finally got our first major snow this past week and of course I HAD to go play in it While navigating some deep snow the battery warning light came on and all my electrics seemed to be loosing power, lights were dimming etc. . Shut it down and restarted and the lihjts were back to full power and no warning light. Went back to playing and everytime I was dragging the frame in deep snow it happened again....... ARGHHHH. Am I alone with this issue?

Packman
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Those were my thoughts also but the engine compartment was snow free. An update, it happened again today and I can duplicate it so it's off to the dealers to see what they can find. When I turn the wheels all the way to the right the light comes on and all the electrics begin to loose power. Today I was negotiating some cars in a parking lot and as soon as I cranked the wheels to the right it happened so I tried it all the way to the left and it's fine but everytime I hit full lock to the right it happens. I honestly thought it was the deep snow that caused it but it does it on pavement now too. Owned it since Halloween so maybe it's haunted.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

they have a software fix for this, i had the same issue and they flashed it away
Old 02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

It's going in Monday for this and also they're replacing all the gaskets on the rear hardtop window as it leaks water down the inside of the glass and makes it impossible to see out. No leaks in front though........guess the guy who puts the leaks in on the assembly like was slow the day mine was built So far no major issues
Old 03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone else had this problem? This happened to my wife just yesterday. Today I went out to check out the Jeep and it started fine, no warning light. I shut it off and started it a few hours later, went to the store and back home without issue and no warning light. So it doesn't seem there is a true problem with the battery or alternator. But then why did the warning light come on. There was no snow build-up in the engine compartment.

I'll probably let the dealership take a look. No sense in me getting dirty when it's under warranty.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Have any of you fellas installed skid plates?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, no skid plate no anything yet. My list of mods for the JK is.. tinted windows. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have it lifted by summer though.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motabus
they have a software fix for this, i had the same issue and they flashed it away
Do you have the TSB #?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by simon
Do you have the TSB #?
I would ask for these TSB numbers:
18-036-06 (supposed to fix the quirky throttle problems)
08-053-06 (supposed to fix the radio cut-out problem)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marquis
I would ask for these TSB numbers:
18-036-06 (supposed to fix the quirky throttle problems)
08-053-06 (supposed to fix the radio cut-out problem)
Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: Battery Light