Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Basic tire/rim compatibility question

Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic tire/rim compatibility question

I have a basic question as I am a noob when it comes to vehicles/tires. I recently purchased an 08 Jeep Wrangler X. This came with 17" wheels etc. I wanted to replace the wheels/tires with off-road type and some black rims. I wanted to purchase the rims online and found some "CRAGAR Series 397 Soft 8 Black Wheel"
17x8 (17x9 available too). These are basic but are what i'm looking for. Are these rims compatible with "BFGoodrich - Mud Terrain T/A 255/75R17" tires? If so, i'm assuming I don't need any kind of lift as they seem to be the same size as my stock tires. Will this cause any potential rubbing when i drive or turn the steering wheel? Please advise! Thanks! J
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No i think u should be fine ....im pretty sure u can go up to a 33inch tire until u start to rub..

Last edited by pooswa; 03-04-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Basic tire/rim compatibility question