Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bad Vibration at Idle, getting worse

Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CitadelJeep04
Just wonderful... Could that happen with barely tough usage and only 3k miles? I havent even revved the engine all the way up yet...
Sure. Anything can be defective. I think there's a TSB out on the converter shudder, so there have been some problems with them. If the engine is not running badly and there's a vibration, almost certainly something has to be getting out of balance.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Sure. Anything can be defective. I think there's a TSB out on the converter shudder, so there have been some problems with them. If the engine is not running badly and there's a vibration, almost certainly something has to be getting out of balance.

Well, I'm driving 7 hours to the Outer Banks this weekend for a week long trip, so hopefully nothing breaks down... I'll check the PCV valve to cross that off the list, but I'm not too worried about it anymore. Its blending in to the background...

Quick Reply: Bad Vibration at Idle, getting worse