Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Bad ABS Module?? Caught it red handed! I think...

Old 08-05-2024, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad ABS Module?? Caught it red handed! I think...

2012 JKU Sahara 6MT with 129k miles. My traction light has been intermittent coming on and driving me nuts!! The passenger rear / RR has been throwing a C102B C1032 as measured by JScan. I replaced it with an OEM original Jeep sensor carefully installed and cleared codes. They came right back! I drove it around tonight and was able to screenshot live data with JScan when it was messing up - caught! The RPMs show fine 90% of the time driving then all of a sudden the RR sensor will show 8191 rpm regardless of MPH/speed and the other 3 sensors are in harmony with one another on RPMs. Adding screenshots when it is acting fine and then where it has same whacked RPMs when slow or fast MPH.

Is this the ABS modiule causing this?? Is there anything else it could possibly be??

Thanks!!

Old 08-06-2024, 09:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Well, at least you know which corner it is. I have seen people have to trace that wire all the way back and found where the wiring was weak inside the sheath. Have also seen a few just clean the ABS control module with DeoxIT with success. I think it's likely less common that the ABS module crapped out given something so intermittent like that, but not an impossibility.
Old 08-08-2024, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen similar issues before, but I'm not 100% sure. Could be the ABS module, but don't rule out a grounding problem. Maybe check the ground connections first? Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Bad ABS Module?? Caught it red handed! I think...